We are one day away from an amazing time spent outside in the community of Perth, Ontario. Hike4Hospice 2016 will be underway in less than 24 hours. We have Zumba, guest speaker - Warden of Lanark County, Gail Code, great local music, a silent auction and of course lots of energy for a 2 km walk!!! What more could we ask for?
Up until now, we have been keeping our silent auction items a secret. But since we are less than 24 hours away, here's a teaser for those of you that have been asking about the items.
- gift cards from several Perth, Lanark and Smith Falls restaurants,
- gift cards from local golf courses,
- 6 month membership for Tay River Reflections Gym (value: $346),
- Pearl necklace from Rings etc, (value: $300),
- Uniden Cordless phone set of two from Bralex Telecom/Summit Security (value: $75),
- Basket and gift certificates form the Beach House and The Curley Red Head (value: $180), and
- Sawsall from Canadian Tire (value: $75) to name a few.
He has played on stages around the Ottawa Valley since the age of 11. He has a deep love and respect for traditional country music. He's none other than Perth's very own Henry Norwood! He will be hitting the stage at Perth's Crystal Palace to provide entertainment for the days event.
And what good is completing a 2 km hike through town, if your muscles are cold? This year, we are fortunate to have our fantastic local Zumba instructor, Lori Barr to lead us all in a great warm-up before our walk.
Get your walking shoes ready! See you all very soon.